Fast Water Removal is Crucial for Storm-Damaged Danbury Homes
SERVPRO Helps Danbury Residents with Water Removal
When storm-related flooding inundates Danbury homes, homeowners must act fast to safeguard their residences. If not, they risk suffering even more significant losses and additional expenses as time progresses. Fortunately, local remediation firms like SERVPRO have the experience and equipment to help you avoid these potentially costly and time-consuming pitfalls.
After you call SERVPRO and our technicians arrive on-site, we work quickly to complete water removal at your Danbury property. Whether you require significant biohazard remediation like sewage cleanup or essential water removal services and water damage repairs, SERVPRO can usually finish your project more swiftly and effectively than other area firms. This is of paramount importance because floodwaters often contain:
- Fungi, like mildew and mold, may eventually cause material or surface discoloration, the disintegration of drywall, dry rot in wood, and persistent foul odors
- Troublesome bacteria, including Clostridium Tetani and Salmonella, could impact your home’s overall livability.
In order to help prevent these potential flood-borne issues, our expert teams take the following actions:
- Employ cutting-edge equipment like wet vacs and portable or truck-mounted extractors to remove standing floodwaters from interiors swiftly.
- Rapidly reduce residential moisture levels to below 60% relative humidity with powerful Injectidry systems and strategically-placed air mover-dehumidifier networks so that microorganisms like mold cannot develop.
- Keep indoor temperatures under sixty-eight degrees Fahrenheit to hinder microbe growth.
- Use antifungals and disinfectants to treat or eliminate microbial food sources, including organic materials like wood, drywall, insulation, and dirt.
So, as you can see, your helpful neighbors at SERVPRO of Danbury/Ridgefield are well-prepared to handle all your water removal needs. Keeping this in mind, the next time you need assistance overcoming the effects of flooding, don’t hesitate to call us at (203) 791-0920.